Nitrogen Management Planning
**RAs not identified as having a deadline are not required to develop a plan at this time, however, growers in all RAs will be required to develop the plans within the next Conditional Waiver term (anticipated for adoption in April 2022).
Certified Nitrogen Management Plans can be developed in one of three ways:
- Self-certify by a grower who attends a California Department of Food and Agriculture Fertilizer Research and Education Program (CDFA FREP) approved training program.
- Self-certified by a grower to adhere to site-specific recommendations from the Natural Resource Conservation Center (NRCS).
- Certified by a Crop Advisor (see link below for list).
Available resources for the development of certified plans are listed below.
- Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheet
- Nitrogen Management Plan Worksheet Instructions
- N Removal Coefficient Demand Resources
- Nitrogen Demand Avocados
- Nitrogen Demand Citrus
- NMP Worksheet Example Avocado
- NMP Worksheet Example Strawberry
- Nitrogen Management Plan Training Presentation (April 6-7, 2021)
- CCA List
Recursos en Español:
- Hoja de Trabajo Para el Plan de Manejo de Nitrógeno
- Revisión de Capacitación Sobre Gestión de Nitrógeno en Ventura